new dlink router = no more DR :|

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new dlink router = no more DR :|

Just put in a new router to get better wifi coverage here, and now all DR rendering is shot (Vray and RT). I can see in the Vray messages that the slaves are being picked up (starting render), but then they just hang and then drop off with a 'not responding' error. RT slaves seem to receive something, and start working but also just idle and do not contribute anything.

EDIT: RT window on the slave shows that it receives the scene, but it says scene is empty and just idles. This is not scene dependent.

Windows firewall is off on all machines and everything was working fine on the old dlink router.

Has anyone had this problem or have any tips on what settings on a router might interfere with DR?

Thanks in advance (and sorry for yet another DR thread )
    b
    Last edited by simmsimaging; 02-08-2010, 12:44 PM.
    Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
    e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Solved - it was a firewall issue. Kinda weird: the security center overview showed the firewall as off. The only reason I found it was on was that a block/unblock dialog popped up for Backburner when I tried that. When I went into the actual firewall settings it was clearly on. Anyway, I don't *think* it was just me, so something to keep an eye on - when switching to a "new" network Vista seems to have re-activated the firewall.

Anyway, all good now.
    b
    Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
    e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

Working...
    X